Monday, April 11, 2011

K.C.C.O

 
That's my motto for the week.  It feels like forever since I've done any real marathon training!  And I have no idea what kind of residual fitness I'll have left for next Monday.

CMT and I have a matching set
I'm considering breaking my "no jewelry while training or racing because it's icky" rule and wearing my KCCO necklace in Boston. Because I need all the help I can get.  I'm also considering doing the unthinkable - running without a watch!  My time goals went out the window with my leg-meltdown a few weeks ago.  My only goal now is to run from the start to the finish and appreciate the opportunity to do so.  Plus the idea of "going watchless" scares me, so I suppose that's all the more reason to do it!

Crunch!
I'm not the only one in my household feeling banged up.  My poor car took a beating last week, too.  And he might have to spend a few more weeks with that ugly dent, because I have some travel plans coming up!

3 comments:

Lucia said...

Hi Anna - We are a new FA family. My son, Fred, was just diagnosed 3 weeks ago. We are also living right on the marathon route on heartbreak hill (Newton, MA). We'll keep an eye out for you during the race. And if you need any help while your in Boston - let me know 617 332-1893. Thank you for doing this! Lucia

P.S. We used to live in Santa Clara, just over the way from Sunnyvale.

CMT said...

i wear mine all the time too :) can't wait to see you in boston!

Janet Timbie said...

And i will wear jewelry that says "there is no way to happiness, happiness is the way." See you soon.