Friday, April 15, 2011

Sunnyvale to Boston!


My coworkers surprised me and another marathoner office-mate with good luck goodie bags and Boston Creme pies!  Which apparently are hard to find in Sunnyvale and required multiple phone calls to bakeries.  Thank so much for all your efforts WLG SV!  I was VERY surprised.  In my career experience, short-notice all-company meetings mean BAD NEWS.  Like "our start-up has run out of money and you're all out of a job" type bad news.  I walked into our conference room expecting the worst and found pie!

Apparently Boston Baked Beans are also available in CA.
I've never felt less prepared for a big race, but at least I'll be well fueled!  

A thoughtful and timely comment on Monday's post reminded me that this race, and this blog, are not all about me.  They're just opportunities to do something positive for my family and the FARA community.  And I'm more than happy with the progress I've made there.

Early spectating practice in Carmel
And I don't have to worry about the marathon until Monday!  Right now I'm just looking forward to reuniting with CMT.  She's spent her whole life watching me both succeed and fail, and probably doesn't much care how fast I run.  Unless it's raining and she's stuck waiting at the finish line.  I don't mind if you wait at Dunkin' Donuts!

Maybe Monday will go more like this!
And now it's SFO to BOS!  See you on the flip side, blog readers.

6 comments:

Karin said...

Anna, this blog has been all kinds of amazing and inspirational. I'm so proud of your writing marathon and can't wait for your running marathon! Thanks for educating us all about a great cause. xoxo GOOD LUCK!

CMT said...

yay! see you soon. among other things i've learned in this blog, i apparently wore overalls a LOT as a child. i hope you have a good race, it sounds like you have the right attitude about it... your training and fundraising have been amazing.

Becky Lavelle said...

GO ANNA GO!! You will do great and even if it's not your best 'race day' you should be proud of what you're doing for a great cause! Enjoy the day and have fun! :)

Ann Miller said...

Good luck, Anna! Boston Cream Pie is my favorite kind of cake. And donut, for that matter. Have a Dunkin' for me!

Unknown said...

It has been an honor and privilege reading your blog, AT. Thank you for sharing with us.

Have an amazing race!!

Jen Farmer said...

Anna,
The entire FARA Team is cheering you on. Thank you for this great blog. I have been blog stalking and need to come clean. I have read the whole thing in several visits over the past few months and really enjoyed hearing about your training and family. I met Garrett and his mom back in 1999. I worked at Univ of Penn. Over the years I have had the opportunity to meet many in the Timbie clan and get to know Garrett better.

My vote is to forget the watch and just go out there and enjoy the run at whatever pace feels right :)

Thank you for raising awareness and funds to fight FA.

Best regards, Jen Farmer