Friday, February 18, 2011

A contest!

I'm signed up for two running races in the next two months: the Jenny's Light 10K on March 6 and the Boston Marathon (obviously) on April 18.  And I have two FARA goodie bags for the blog readers who come the closest to guessing my finish time at each event!  The best guessers will each win a reusable FARA bag filled with a "SLOW, STOP, REVERSE" FARA wristband, some other miscellaneous items with FARA logos on them, and a homemade baked good (made by me, not FARA).  If you don't live within a reasonable delivery distance, I'll mail it you!
FARA tote filled with fabulous prizes
Since this blog is all about fundraising for good causes, I should mention that Jenny's Light is a fantastic non-profit founded by my coach and friend, BGL, to raise public awareness of perinatal mood disorders.  I want to get in another hard race effort before Boston and I always want to support Jenny's Light!
To enter your 10K time prediction, just leave a comment on this post before race day.  There are a lot of factors to consider when formulating your guess.  The 10K is new event this year (the 2009 and 2010 Jenny's Light races were only a 5K) so I don't have a previous time to benchmark against.  The course is relatively flat, but there are some tight turns.  And I won't really get to rest up for the 10K, it's more of a training event.  But I promise to do my best!  And I promise not to be offended by any slow predictions.  I have no expectations.  Take a guess!


11 comments:

CMT said...

I'm guessing 48 min 10k... which would be like 15 min pr for me :) have a good race! don't stay up too late baking my prize.

Unknown said...

We are guessing that you'll run this one in 44:20 minutes! Go girl!

Karin said...

My guess is 46 mins, just to be in between CMT and Juls. You're such a speedy!! Good luck!

IronMom2be said...

I'm calling it at 43:10. Run, Anna, Run!!

Anonymous said...

42:45 is my guess. Cheers, Helmut

Unknown said...

46:21

Derek said...

46:30, that's 7:30 pace, baby! Go Anna!

Laura said...

46:31, I was going to say 46:21, but now that Derek has but in 46:30, I am going with 46:31

Kristina Roesner said...

Run Anna, Run!
42:30 - gotta beat Helmut by 15 seconds - just like on the track ;)

ChrisLiou said...

I'll guess 46:45 - your VDOT is around 44 and I'm guessing you're in long distance training mode :).

Unknown said...

Hmm... 47:20? I could use some baked goods here in AZ! :)