Monday, February 21, 2011

Marathon training, week 7

Happy Presidents' Day!

Can you find JPT?
No holidays from marathon training! Or work, for me.  
Last week I ran the following:

Tuesday - 7 miles on the SUPER windy track with TRIbe
                warm up, drills, strides
                2400m - alternating 400m hard, 400m steady pace
                2400m - alternating 200m hard, 200m steady pace
                cool down, stretch
Thursday - 8 miles in the rain (Mountain View)
Friday - 3 miles jogging in the rain (Baylands)
Saturday - 6 miles in the rain, 4 at marathon pace/effort (Steven's Creek)
Sunday - 18 dry miles! Yahoo! (Sawyer Camp Trail)

Garmin stats from Sunday are here.
How I felt running on Tuesday night!
And Thursday morning!
You never know what to expect, weather-wise, in Boston in April so I guess this week was good preparation.  And I've had a lot of opportunities to practice running in perfect California weather this winter, so I really can't complain.  
And I got to enjoy this on Sunday:
Sawyer Camp Trail

View from the trail, Crystal Springs Reservoir
Smiling because it's not raining!

 "If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it."
~Andy Rooney

4 comments:

CMT said...

It was snowing here during my am run, but it was like 60 last week so I'm not complaining. Your trails look awesome! jealous.

Karin said...

I don't think West Coasters are allowed to complain about the weather :) JK, that rain is horrible. But the smiling Anna is wonderful!

Janet Timbie said...

I love to see California when it is so green. That's a short window, which I have mostly missed since I moved back East.

ChrisLiou said...

JPT is the one in the picture wearing a Princton tie, no? :)