Monday, February 14, 2011

Marathon training, week 6

Happy Valentine's Day!
From the WWF calender in my cube! (Stuart Westmord/Getty images)
I bounced back from the race last weekend thanks to an awesome/excruciating massage on Monday and ran 35 miles as follows:

Tuesday - 7 miles on the track with TRIbe
                 warm up, drills, stadiums, strides
                 1600m, 2 x 800m, 3 x 400m, descending pace with distance
                 cool down, core, stretch
Thursday - 8 miles on the roads (Mountain View) plus drills and strides
Friday - 4 cruisey miles on trails (Baylands) *see note below
Sunday - 16 miles - 4 miles solo + 12 miles with run buddy AGA (Lexington Reservoir)

Garmin data from Sunday is here.  If the Garmin displayed fun you'd see a big increase when AGA showed up at mile 4!

The training weekend in pictures is here:
Baylands Park, cruisey Friday jogging loop
Riding with TRIbe on Saturday

Sunday on Los Gatos Creek Trail
Fundraising update:
The anonymous donations are killing me!  In a good way! Thank you Anonymous 2!  Your generosity is truly appreciated by me, my family, and the FARA community.

Note: "Cruisey" is an awesome Aussie word I learned from Chris McCormack.  I hope there's some training benefit from using the same vocabulary as the Ironman World Champion!  I work hard on the track and during long runs, but make a conscious effort to keep some days cruisey.  To me, that means "easy, light, and fun".
Macca and me in 2008

1 comment:

Karin Tanabe said...

Yeah for the anonymous donations! PS is the man in that picture real? He looks like he's made of wax.

Or maybe being Ironman Word Champion just makes one look perfect?