Monday, March 21, 2011

Training update, week 11

Happy Anniversary Mama T and JPT!
Palo Alto Courthouse, March 21, 1969

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~ Dr. Seuss
Fun fact - Dr. Seuss and I have the same birthday!  He'd be 107!

In honor of the happy couple, I ran 42 miles this week:

Tuesday - 7 miles on the track with TRIbe
                warm up, drills, strides
                4 x 1200m, descending
                cool down, stretch
Thursday - 8 miles on the roads (Mountain View)
Friday - 5 miles in the wind and rain, not cruisey! (Baylands)
Saturday - 6 miles in the rain (Steven's Creek Trail)
Sunday - 16 miles (only miles  4-16 in the rain!) (Alma Bridge Rd)

Spring is officially here and it's starting to look like it at my house!

Pretty white flowers outside my front door
And it's light outside at 6pm!  But dark again on morning runs.
  
Still pretty in the dark
At least I get to see the sun (when it's not raining), unlike my favorite M.D./Ph.D. student.  But she has cookies to fuel round-the-clock studying! And tote bags!
the glamorous life of CMT


1 comment:

Janet Timbie said...

I want a tote bag like that so I can spread the word about FARA.